Friday, July 16, 2010

The Town Whore

I'm going to Vegas this weekend for my cousin's mission homecoming. Though my immediate family has pretty much come to terms with me being gay, my cousin's family doesn't know for the most part. I just realized that I will be clearly not partaking of the sacrament this Sunday in front of a good portion of my extended family. The thing is, I really don't care.

I've had to not partake of the sacrament in front of immediate family a handful of times, and instead of the shame I'm sure they think I feel, instead I feel almost a sense of whorish pride. It makes me feel like I've just walked into sacrament meeting as the old-fashioned Southern town prostitute in my flashy red dress and cheeks rouged to the nines, and I like that feeling for some reason.

2 comments:

M said...

You have the full right to decide to partake of the sacrament or not.

Never mind what they think.

-M-

Butterflies and hand-grenades said...

Bahahahaha Keep on blushing!!! The fact that you not only do not care, but get a warped joy from it, is proof that you are on the right path for you! (But please, no red dresses...queen does not = attractive...)
-BHG