Thursday, February 25, 2010

No Regrets

There seems to be a common theme among gay mormon blogs lately, and I wanted to chip in. "Am I happy to be gay?"

I can definitively say that since the day I admitted to myself that I was gay and I didn't want to deny it any longer, I have never for one instance wished I weren't gay. I can honestly say that I LOVE being gay. Does that mean I make my life one gigantic rainbow parade? No. Like Chedner I don't see being gay as "just another characteristic" of my persona. I love who I am. I love where my life is. I love my boyfriend and my group of supportive friends. I would be lying to myself if I said that I would be mostly the same person if I weren't gay. I can honestly say, if given the choice to magically turn straight, I would not take it. I value who I am too much to trade it away. This post got all sappy and "I love myself" very fast. Oh well.

2 comments:

Rev. Dennis said...

God Hates Fags, Capt.

But I heart you, you big Fag.

Konrad said...

I have recently come to the realization that this is the first time in my life that I would not choose to be straight if I was given the chance. Im finally happy in my own skin.