Monday, September 7, 2009

Why I use a pseudonym

A friend of mine asked me why I use a pseudonym on my blog, and it made me wonder.

Many of the people who might read my blog are friends with me on facebook, so they already know who I am, and any others who read it are welcome to add me on facebook as well, so it's not like I don't want the MoHo community to know who I am.

I like to use the excuse that I don't want my mom to find this blog and know it's mine. Well, if she reads any of the posts, she'll know for sure that it's mine. (Also, if you follow the "Connexion" link on my sidebar it takes you to a page that says "you have been referred by [my name]" and shows my photo. Haha).

So why do I use a pseudonym? I think it's mostly so my mom can't google my name and find me, honestly. So I've decided that though I will keep using my pseudonym, there's no harm in being more open about my identity. So here is the first photo I've ever posted of myself on this website. It's a photo of me and my bf. I know it doesn't show our faces, but hey, it's the first photo I've posted here. Baby steps...

3 comments:

Grant Haws said...

Good job! I keep two blogs, the main one is pretty open, but the second one is where I just write stuff I don't want people who know me to wander on to. I think that it is definitely healthy to take baby steps.

Quinn said...

So which one are you?

Captain Midnight said...

I'm the white one. Haha.