Sunday, August 30, 2009

Quick Update

I just got off the phone with my mom. She said my sister (who doesn't know I'm gay) called her (just for background purposes, I have two sisters, one that knows I'm gay already and one that doesn't, and one brother who doesn't know). Anyway, this sister asked my mom if I'm gay. I talked to my mom a few days ago and told her that if anyone asks she is allowed to tell them. So my mom told my sister that yes, I'm gay.

My mom emphasized that my sister loved me so much and she just wanted me to be happy. She said that my sister had asked my brother if he thought I was gay, and he said, "If he were it wouldn't change how I feel about him. I just love him so much." My mom kept saying that they all love me, and of course they wish there were a way I would still wish to be active in the church, but they want me to be happy.

Possibly the most interesting part is that my mom said when she prays about me she always gets a peaceful feeling and knows that everything is alright. I was really glad to hear that. When my mom first found out about me, she cried every night worrying about me. I'm glad that she at least now has peace about it.

I can't believe how much progress I've made with my family. I wish all gay mormons could be so lucky.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I'm so happy for you, and happy for your family as well--it speaks well of the love and close relationships in your family that they are all so accepting.

Quinn said...

That's really good to hear bro!