Thursday, April 30, 2009

Calming Down at Four in the Morning

I have to admit that I can be a real grumpy bitch sometimes if I get woken up. I fell asleep fairly early tonight (early for me being around 1:30. Haha), but about half an hour ago my boyfriend woke me up. He was being cute and cuddling with me, telling me he loved me, so I was glad to wake up to cuddle with him. Then he rolled over and started watching tv, and I couldn't fall back to sleep. I wasn't wide awake, but I wasn't sleepy at all. I feel bad because I got a little pissy about it. I'm not the most emotionally stable if I get woken up in the middle of the night. Then my bf fell asleep, and I couldn't, so I got on my computer to check my email.

I saw someone added me on myspace so I went to investigate, hoping it was a "real" person instead of just another desperate musician hoping I'd discover their music and love it so much that I tell all my friends. It turned out that it was a musician, and already being somewhat irritable I was kind of angry that it wasn't a real person. Then the music on his profile started to play, and it was exactly what I needed to calm down. I felt so stupid for getting all worked up about being woken up. It was so incredibly calming. I looked for the song on youtube so I could post it here, but I can't see it there. Go to Bruno Merz's Myspace and listen to "For You Now." If it worked to calm me down at four in the morning, who knows what wonders it will do for you.

I love songs that say "Everything will be all right" in them. It's amazing, but they generally always calm me down. It's crazy, but it works.

1 comment:

Wyatt said...

I'll check it out! I love being recommended new music : )