Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Getting to Know You

I'm not the best at updating this blog on a regular basis, but I do read blogs of other people nearly every day. SO... I was thinking it might be nice to know who (if anyone) reads my blog. Instead of just posting to ask that people leave comments saying they read my blog, I thought I'd introduce myself to any new readers and THEN ask that you leave just a simple little comment on this post saying that you read my blog.

So here goes:

I go by the pseudonym "Captain Midnight." I am a 24 year old gay Mormon living in Provo and currently attending my first semester at Utah Valley University. I recently left BYU because I couldn't stand it there any more. I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and I love him so incredibly much. My parents know I'm gay but they don't know I have a boyfriend. My siblings have not yet been told anything about my sexuality. I have a fairly large network of gay friends in Provo (if you're in the area and want to meet new people, let me know). Even though I'm not really attending church anymore, I don't have any bitter feelings toward the church (though I occasionally get frustrated with its members). I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I don't even drink coffee. I like iced tea and herbal tea, but are those even really against the word of wisdom anyway? Also, I tend to swear like a gay sailor, but not the F-word.

I'll post more things about me later, I'm sure. So now, if you don't mind, I would love it if you would just leave me a quick comment so that I can know if people actually read my blog :)

19 comments:

Ezra said...

I read your blog, and I'm envious that you have a boyfriend. Good for you.

If you ever visit California, my door is open to you.

Yudanashi said...

I hear you loud and clear, sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading me either!

Abelard Enigma said...

present and accounted for

Alan said...

Hey Captain, yeah, I read your blog and enjoy it. Will take you up on your offer if I'm ever in Provo and have any spare time.

October Rising said...

I read...and enjoy. perhaps we've already met...or we know a lot of the same people in p-town.

Scott said...

I'm a reader.

... and since I'm pretty sure you read my blog (at least it's on your list at the right) I have to wonder why you (and your boyfriend) haven't been to one of our MoHo parties yet?(*) Sarah and I would love to meet you!

Christopher said...

I also read your blog from time to time. And thanks for reading mine (I just read your comment.) I am also in Provo and I imagine we know some of the same people.

Christopher said...

I also read your blog from time to time, though I am terrible for commenting. I just noticed your comment on my blog. I am also in Provo and I imagine we know some of the same Moho peeps.

Christopher said...

So, apparently I like to comment on your blog twice...? Make it three, now. Did you notice that I posted my second one at 11:34, which upside down says hell? Chilling. Real Chilling. And Random.

LDS Pride said...

I read...not often...but I do.

Gay LDS Actor said...

I read your blog often.

Jim said...

So I think I just hit Major-Creeper-Status. I just read every post... I think I need a boyfriend and a life.
Yours will definitely be a regular read though.

Captain Midnight said...

Haha. It's okay Jim, I've read every post on your blog too, though I think you only have a few so far, so it's kind of different... haha! But yeah, I like the way you think :)

Mark Johnson said...

Just found it, and am working my way through your posts. (Also, I realize its Friday night -- don't judge me too harshly for sitting at home reading up on gay, Mormon literature).

Original said...

I drop in occasionally. I don't read blogs often, but when I go through reading phases, yours is included. ...and now I'm really wondering if I know who you are and just haven't made the connection yet.

Nathan Cunliffe said...

Hey there! I am a current student at BYU studying Fine Art and I was wondering if your offer to "meet new people" is still available even though it is an old post :) I am currently in California for the summer break but I will be back to provo in the fall for school again! Please let me know because I just feel so alone in the "bubble" of Provo :) Thanks!

Scott said...

@Nathan: I'm not going to speak for Captain Midnight (though I do believe he still has regular game nights in Provo), but I will say that there's absolutely NO reason for you to feel alone in Provo.

BYU is teeming with gay Mormons, and many of them would be happy to hang out with you, get to know you, etc.

In addition to whatever contacts CaptMid can provide, you'd always be welcome to attend a monthly party that my wife and I have. It's in Salt Lake (West Valley, actually), but at least a few guys drive up from Provo every month. Feel free to email me (address in my Blogger profile) for more info.

With a few emails, we can have a whole cadre of friends waiting for you when you get back to Provo in the fall! :)

Cambo said...

Hey Nathan, feel free to message me or add me on facebook. Like Scott said, you'll find there are more than enough gays in Provo so there's no need to feel lonely. (Oh, this is Captain Midnight, by the way, you can find a link to my facebook on my regular blog http://bwiinjinom.blogspot.com or you can find a link to my email on my blogger profile if you need to send me a message).

Nathan Cunliffe said...

WOW thanks guys!!!! I will defiantly keep in touch and I would love to meet you guys and others in the fall! Yeah Provo feels like a crazy town so it would be great to meet some amazing people! Thanks!!!